Wireless Network Access
All buildings and public places, including dining services, coffeeshops, and the pub offer access to the wireless network.
You will receive a temporary username and password valid for the duration of the workshop together with your badge on the first day of the meetings.
File format for talks
There will be a computer and a projector at each session managed by the conveners. Speakers must give their talks to the conveners prior to the session. Speakers CAN NOT use their privare laptops.
Each computer will run MAC-OS and will have Adobe Acrobat.
The preferred format for the talks is PDF.
Speakers are strongly advised to not bring Powerpoint or Key-Note format files because of problems with the fonts.
The Berkeley room contains 15 Mac computers for participants to check their mails and print documents.
The color printer is located in Berkeley room.
Here the instructions to configure the printer:
- click on "Setting Printer" for the "Start Menu"
- select "Add Printer"
- click on "Local Printer"
- click on "New Port" and select "Standard TCP/IP"
- enter the IP address 220.127.116.11
- select the device type as "Standard" and then choose "Hewlett Packard Jet Direct"
- click on "Finish"
- choose manufacturers as "HP"
- select "HP Color Laser Jet 4550 PCL" ("... 4550 PS" for win2000)
- add a new printer, the IP address is 18.104.22.168
Easy solution to print ps or pdf ONLY! (both Win and Linux)
- go to http://22.214.171.124
- Select "Print" under the information tab on the left
- In the option 1, click "Choose" and select the file you want to print from your local machine
- After file is selected, click "Apply"
Uploading Material for the Workshop
We have workspace area on the CKM2005 website for each working group. If you need to share documents with other participants contact your convener. They can follow the instructions on the Conveners page to upload documents to the server.