|March 15, 2:20pm-4:30pm (Ballroom A)|| Vtd and Vts
chair: Christoph Paus, MIT
|Rare K decays and Bs mixing at CDF/D0|
|2:20-2:35 (Th)||Rare kaon decays and implications for the unitarity triangle||Gerhard Buchalla|
|2:45-3:00 (Exp)||K → πνν, K → πl+l- and other rare kaon decays||David Jaffe|
|3:10-3:40 (Exp)||First Bs mixing results from CDF||Ivan Furic|
|3:50-4:20 (Exp)|| ΔΓs/Γs and first Bs mixing results
Rare K decays and Bs mixing at CDF/D0:
- How reliably can information on Vtd and V*ts be extracted from rare Kaon decays?
- What measurements and calculations can be done to improve such extractions?
- The K± → π±νν decay:
- How many events are needed to make the experimental uncertainties equal to the current theoretical ones?
- What are the prospects for improving the measurement?
- What is the expected precision in the branching fraction today/in 2005/in 2007/for future experiments?
- Does this precision rival that of Vtd constraints from B(Bs) mixing or B radiative penguin decays?
- Is it worth trying to improve theory for this decay mode?
- The K0 → π0νν decay:
- In what calendar year and to what precision might we expect the first observation of this decay?
- What are the prospects for the progress afterwards?
- The K0L →
- How close are we to measuring the branching ratio?
- Is the direct CP-violating contribution a clean observable?
- Are the current experimental data sufficient to control the CP-conserving contribution?
- Do we have control over the interference between the direct and indirect CP-violating contributions?
- New results on ΔMs from the TeVatron:
- What is an estimate of the ΔMs precision as a function of ΔMs and of integrated luminosity?
- What are the avenues for improvement beyond more statistics?
- Are there perils at higher instantaneous and/or integrated luminosities (such as degraded tracking performance)?
- What are the other problems of the systematics?
- What is needed to improve the measurements? What are the limiting inputs?
- Does a precise measurement of ΔMs require extended TeVatron running, given the fate of BTeV?